Saturday, February 16, 2008

Daughter # 1

0805am

Saturday mornings are usually when I get a lot of reading done while everybody else is still sleeping. But daughter number one got up early and convinced me to turn my attention away from books and to watch the sunrise with her.

As the sunrise progressed we had a chance to talk uninterrupted. She told me about her imaginary friends that she still had since she “was young”. She told me she missed being little because she would just play with her imaginary friends all day long. One of her most important companions was Indianavelle. Apparently this is a little girl dressed in buckskin with long silky black hair tied up in braids who comes over to play.

Then daughter number one told me that when she grew up she was going to explore the Coal River (that flows right by our neighborhood). I told her that she will not have to wait till she grows up to do that.

Now daughter number one and daughter number two are in the kitchen, cleaning and making sugar cookies while I work around them preparing breakfast.

No comments: