Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Sunday


Jack is finally willing to attend church with the rest of us. For about a year he was like Damian in the Omen whenever he caught sight of the spires and the stained glass windows. Now he is willing to go inside without pitching a fit. Once inside though he runs around like a mad man and pulls off his nice church clothes. I got to sit with the older kids today and his mom had to deal with him...

Got all the lessons in tonight on top of cleaning, cooking, and other chores. Fighting with Richard to hold his left wrist correctly when playing the violin. Nothing else is going to progress with his playing until he stops flattening out his wrist which only serves to flatten out all the notes... Sophie is doing much better than I expected so far with the guitar... long nimble fingers. Had to yell at Helen about putting more effort into reading. I worry that we have let her watch too much TV and her brain is turning to mush. I read to her extra long tonight and then she helped me bake muffins.

Tonight I saw my two eldest, on the cell phone, talking to another little girl who lives across town, working together earnestly to hash out the thornier technical aspects of some internet application that runs some on-line virtual-world game (Webkins, I think it is called). Now I have done similar things, but not until I was required to do something like this at work, and not until I was in my late twenties. It was just very odd to behold, these kids who are not even ten years old, doing almost the exact same thing. We are in a new and totally unexpected world.

No comments: