Sunday, March 30, 2008

A Good Day

I have been reading Lost Warships. It is a very brief survey of wartime marine archeology. It is one of those great coffee table books that draw you in and make you ignore everyone else in the room. I dunno, maybe it will help out down the road when we are trying to come up with a unit study project...

Went to a late mass this morning which was a nice break. Usually we go to 9am mass because the children have Sunday school afterwards. But there was none this week.

Today on the way to church I told the children that if they paid attention during the readings and were able to answer some questions I would quiz them on later, they would get a reward when we went to Stuff Mart. As a result, they sat riveted for the first, second, and third reading, and even for part of the homily. It was an amazing thing to witness. They did reasonably well on the questions. Now, I had already decided to budget in Sculpy clay for the girls and replacement darts for Richard's Nerf gun last night when we were planning our post-church trip to Stuff Mart, so I figured there was no harm if I piggy-backed the extra effort on their part in church to round out the day. I won't have to repeat this next week because we will be back to Sunday school. They will be quizzed anyway with no further effort required on my part...

On top of everything else we just got done with Greek, violin, and guitar. The girls spent an hour or so working on their Sculpy creations today and I fired the creations for them in the oven.

No comments: